In Oracle Cloud Applications a Custom Role is a user-defined role, that is specifically created for a business user depending either on the business requirements or as per the customer’s request. There can be many instances wherein depending on a business scenario, user-defined roles may be required to be developed to facilitate the client’s requirements. In such cases, ‘Custom Roles’ is needed to be developed to meet the customized requirements of the customer.
These ‘Custom Roles’ can be used to either Grant / Restrict the Authorities & Access of a particular user or a group of business users.
These Grants / Restrictions govern the ‘Privileges’ that are associated with any user & the ‘Functions’ that can that can be performed by that business user.
Following are the steps that are required to be performed while defining “A CUSTOM ROLE FOR SUPPLIER & SUPPLIER SITE VIEW ONLY ACCESS”:
- Log in to the test/production instance of the client using the credentials of any ‘Implementation User’ & Navigate to Tools > Security Console > Roles.
- Click on ‘Create Role’ & define the Role Name, Role Code & Role Category etc. & then click on Next.
3. Click on ‘Add Function Security Policy’ & add all the following required Privileges to the role & then click on Next.
Privileges to be added:
4. Click on ‘Create Data Security Policy’ & add all the following required Data Security Policies to the role & then click on Next.
5. Click on ‘Add Role’ & add all the following required Role Memberships to the role & then click on Next.
6. Click on ‘Add User’ & assign this custom role to the required users & then click on Next.
7. Review all the parameters added/defined for this custom role & then finally click on Save and Close.
Note: ‘SS43_Test’ is just to exemplify any generic User ID, a User ID created in one of the Test Instance by the author of this Blog, i.e. SHASHANK SHUKLA to simply Test & Validate the Working & Functionality of the ‘CUSTOM ROLE FOR SUPPLIER & SUPPLIER SITE VIEW ONLY ACCESS’.
8. Navigate to Tools > Scheduled Processes & Run the following 2 processes one-by-one (Run the 2nd process only after the 1st gets succeeded): –
- Import User and Role Application Security Data
- Retrieve Latest LDAP Changes
Shashank Shukla is M.B.A. in Operations & Supply Chain Management & currently working as an Associate Functional Consultant with rich experience in Oracle Financials Cloud.He is specialized in Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) & complimented with knowledge of Functional & Implementation Setups in Oracle Financials (GL, AP & AR) & System Administration.”