Juniper Networks, the industry leader in network innovation went live with Oracle Cloud Supply Planning and Cloud Global Order Promising as part of its journey to Integrated Business Planning. Using this new platform, Juniper will strive to improve its on-time delivery to its customer while lowering overall cost of goods sold. Recently at Oracle MSCE 2018, Juniper Networks awarded Oracle SCM Excellence Award 2017. Juniper Networks was in the Early Adopter and Executive Sponsor Programs, has worked with Oracle Development to impact the product roadmap in a positive way, and has collaborated with Oracle to pull in functionality that adds value to all Oracle customers.
Key Project Objectives
To build a robust company-wide Integrated Business Planning process through cross-functional collaboration that optimizes – Customer Levels, Operational Cost, Revenue Attainment
Oracle Cloud Solutions implemented
- Oracle Supply Planning Cloud R13
- Oracle Order Promising Cloud R13
Key Business Requirements
- Develop a global planning engine to optimize demand and supply balancing across the supply chain
- Integrate supply commits from contract manufacturers for better backlog management and demand at risk identification
- Enable new capabilities around Scenario planning and What-if analysis
- Provide enhanced visibility and leading indicators into component supply risks and E&O
Key Capabilities Enabled on Oracle Cloud Platform
- Demand Supply Balance – Enabled foundational capabilities in Demand supply balancing and MRP planning areas to drive data driven decision making
- Exception Driven Process – Enhanced visibility to Demand at Risk and component shortages that allow planners to move towards a truly exception driven planning paradigm
- Backlog Management – Backlog Management and ATP Inquiry by taking into account critical order attributes like Complete Delivery and Ship Sets
- What-if Analysis – Rapid what-if simulations to analyze and infer the impact of demand and supply changes at various levels of the BOM
Key Benefits Expected from the project
- Improved Lead Time Attainment (LTA-T) – Hit 72-75% LTA at new measure of performance
- Inventory cost savings of $12-18M at current business levels
- IBP opportunity drives Total Inventory Cost down by 40%
- Ability to leverage partner commits for better order promising and backlog management
- Enhanced visibility to supply constraints
- What-if and scenario planning capabilities to simulate various demand and supply change scenarios
- Robust, integrated supply chain platform to support scalability, efficiency and optimization
Trinamix Added Value
- Rapid implementation in record time of 7 months
- Supported Juniper in on-boarding 10+ manufacturing partners into the platform
- Work closely with business and IT to stabilize the platform and ensure daily data collection process finishing in 1 hour
- Use industry best practice to create 12+ configured reports in cloud to support key planning operations
Additionally, deep understanding of the outsourced manufacturing best practice processes of High-tech industry and the Oracle Cloud Supply Chain platform enabled Trinamix to deliver the first wave of capability in seven months working closely with Juniper Business and IT SMEs. Future milestones of this project will include enabling Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), Demand Planning, Backlog management processes on Oracle supply chain planning cloud including advanced reporting on Oracle Analytics cloud platform.
About Juniper Networks: Juniper Networks, Sunnyvale California based company, is the industry leader in network innovation. Juniper offers high-performance network infrastructure that helps service providers, enterprises, and public-sector organizations create value and accelerate business success within the new, changing global marketplace. Their products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding global networks.
About Trinamix: Trinamix, a global company headquartered in California (USA) with the sales office in Bay area, including regional offices in India, Middle East, Japan & Australia. Trinamix is a leading implementation specialist for Oracle Cloud Applications, Oracle Value Chain planning, and E-Business Suite. An Oracle Platinum Partner, Trinamix brings a rare combination of flawless technical proficiency in Oracle cloud products; versatility and innovation; sharp business insights and valuable experience from a wide range of industry and client base.